Find experts and specialist service providers.
Digital dynamics is a critical due diligence before an organization embarks on Digital Transformation. The author, a certified OBASHI consultant, shall use this model to help define and describe Digital dynamics.
Modelling your Digital Business
The model for digital business will help understand:
- How your business works
- The assets that make it work
- The inter-dependencies and inter-linkages between the assets
- Brings a new way of thinking that will help you get a clear picture of how your business works. A map that shows
- It is designed with the belief that with clarity and vision you can develop and improve:
- Clarity: create easy-to-read diagrams which help remove ambiguity from business decision-making
- Vision: allows you to anticipate issues and challenges which can prevent a business achieving it’s goals
- Develop: enhance business capability through successful program and project implementation
- Improve: enhance business performance through better operational management
The 6 layers of Digital Business
How business works:
1. Stakeholder: contains information about people in the business. It is here where employees, stakeholders, departments and geographic locations can be mapped
2. Business process: holds information about the business processes- how the business works
Digital assets that makes business works:
3. Application: the software systems like ERP, E-Commerce platform
4. Operating System: Windows NT, Unix
5. Hardware: servers
6. Network Infrastructure: routers and switches
Digital Data-flow Analysis Flow
Is a graphical and statistical representation of all the business & digital resources, and attributed financial values that support an individual data-flow. A DAV illustrates to business how and why digital systems interact with day-to-day business processes. Data flows between different business processes and IT is the enabler of the flow. Supporting, processing and optimizing the flow of data are critical to maximizing business performance.
Digital business strategy
Your business strategy should address queries from your key leaders:
- CEO: How does my business work? How can I map the strategic aspirations I have for the business? Where are my risks?
- CFO: How can I value the contribution IT makes to my business? Where can I reduce costs?
- CIO: How can I view my reliance on 3rd party support? Where are the weak points in my security? How does data flow around my business?
New ways of doing business and operating within a global and more competitive market place increases the need to analyse, optimize and prioritize how a business performs. Prevalent approach is to map organizational drivers and their implications in a way which allows their benefits to the organization to be assessed.
Benefits Realization Matrix shows how organizational drives and digital business initiatives can be divided into 4 key areas in order to successfully manage organizational change
Digital business and digital flow
Digital flow has been ascribed to characterize- The dependent relationships between the flow of data. The people associated with the data. And the information technology that supports the data.
Digital dynamics is the study of Digital flow. It is the fundamental principle for Digital Business modelling. Without understanding how a business relies on data-flow, business risk cannot be fully assessed. Understanding the risk to a business of an asset failure cannot be qualified unless that asset is considered within the context of how the data flows through it supports the business.
The understanding of the flow of data is fundamental to an organization’s financial well-being. Business resources (including human resources) and Digital assets are either providers of data, consumers of data or they provide the conduit through which the data can flow. Digital assets exists only for one reason, namely, to enable the flow of data between business assets. Business risks cannot be fully assessed qualitatively or quantitatively unless the cause and effects of interruptions to a flow of data, or changes to any data contained in that flow of data, have been evaluated in the context of the flow of data in question. A data security model cannot be fully assessed unless the cause and effects of interruptions to a flow of data, or changes to any data contained on that flow of data, have been evaluated in the context of the flow of data in question.
Article by channel:
Everything you need to know about Digital Transformation
The best articles, news and events direct to your inbox
Read more articles tagged: Featured