Save time and money securing the right people for maximum impact in your business.
Simple answer: Your business, market, and employees want and need the CEO to lead by example. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” ~ John Quincy Adams
There are a lot of justifications for the fear and trepidation that lead to the slow adoption of social business by CEOs. Below are a number of common responses we at Socially Savvy hear when asking CEOs why they do not participate in social media:
- Our industry is too regulated.
- There is not a measurable return on investment.
- Other executives lead our social media efforts.
- Our customer trends older and is not on social media.
- That degree of transparency is too risky.
Be Bold and Reap the Rewards
Gone are the days when a CEO could get away with turning a blind eye to the socially and technologically savvy.
Below are a number of benefits that evidence why the CEO should activate and optimize his or her social business brand and identity:
- Social business enables and enhances communication with employees, customers, partners and the media.
- Social business positively impacts the company’s reputation, authority and credibility.
- Customers look to social channels for news and information.
- A social CEO gives the company an authentic face and personality.
- Social participation demonstrates currency with the market and innovation.
- Leadership from the top inspires others to engage in social business.
- Actively listening to the market and sharing information to shape the dialogue represents a competitive differentiator.
- Helps to better understand the competition, employees needs and the organization holistically.
- Builds corporate identity and approachability which assists to attract and retain talent.
“Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is about doing new things.”
- Leadership is action. A CEO engaging in social business will inspire others in their organization.
- Social proficiency improves through participation. Forward looking CEOs should start now, set goals in social channels, act, measure and double down where results are achieved.
- Find inspiration to engage in social business by auditing the social footprint of your competition’s leadership team. This will likely spur competitive instincts and yield results, whether you are a market leader or a fast follower.
Socially Savvy helps organizations utilize social media to drive business results and is a premier partner in the activation, measurement and leadership of social business programs.
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in discussing our content creation workshop or employee social business activation program.
Article by channel:
Everything you need to know about Digital Transformation
The best articles, news and events direct to your inbox
A better way to hire for digital transformation. Quality candidates expertly matched to your business guaranteed to save you time and money.