Save time and money securing the right people for maximum impact in your business.
A Checklist for controls to protect from Ransomware:
- Block access to websites with unwanted content.
- Apply right Patches at right time without failure.
- Installation of next generation firewall.
- Block incoming emails on the SMTP server, removing emails from user inboxes, warn users to not click on certain links and attachments.
- Block malicious URLs on the web proxy, identify computers that visited malicious websites using the proxy logs.
- Deploy custom AV signatures to block certain files to be downloaded.
- Implement Application white listing.
- Identify and/or block traffic on NIDS and the proxy.
- Monitor end-user devices and shared folders for certain file extensions, such as .abc, .xxx, .yyy, .zzz
- Monitor endpoints for ransomware related text or HTML files in the desktop folder.
- Back Up Everything and maintain Offsite Backups
- Modify browser security settings to detect unauthorized downloads.
- Do not install unknown programs.
- Prior to downloading software, be sure to review any associated license agreements or privacy statements.
- Do not click on a link within pop-up windows. Close popups by clicking the “x” in the upper right-hand corner of the window, not by clicking the buttons located within the window.
- Create and practise Good awareness on Phishing Attacks.
Article by channel:
Everything you need to know about Digital Transformation
The best articles, news and events direct to your inbox
Read more articles tagged: Featured
A better way to hire for digital transformation. Quality candidates expertly matched to your business guaranteed to save you time and money.