Save time and money securing the right people for maximum impact in your business.
Growing your business identity will add value to your network and yourself. Start thinking about yourself as a personal brand and make others successful without a goal of reciprocity.
Personal brand building must be:• Authentic• Consistent• Visible
Personal brand is a career asset. Invest the needed time, energy and effort in yourself.
7 Steps to Build Internal Personal Brand
- Establish your internal brand goals and a vision. This should be driven by your passions and purpose for growing your brand. Consider what success means for you.
- Define a plan of execution to grow your internal brand. Create your course of action aimed at achieving the specific goals and objectives within a specific timeframe. Explains in detail what needs to be done, when, how and by whom. Plan for best case, expected case, and worst case scenarios.
- Identify your internal network. Determine who shares your values and cultivate relationships to develop your corporate audience. This includes project teams, employees and executives and customers.
- Be yourself and become a consistent storyteller. Grow your credibility by adding value to others and representing your personality and approach with consistency, persistence and restraint.
- Take action. Confidently pursue and develop your niche and what you will be known for – your brand statement. Delight others and be the media you need to grow your awareness and interest with others.
- Learn from brands that are succeeding. Take heed of what actual brands and social influencers are doing to elevate your own brand efforts.
- Listen to feedback and re-evaluate the definition of personal brand building success. Actively solicit and heed feedback from your internal champions, chain-of-command, peers and other influencers. Rise to the occasion by making needed changes and improvements.
- 92% of children under the age of two already have a digital footprint. (AVG)
- 74% of employers reported using their personal and/or professional social media accounts to promote employer brand. (CareerArc)
- 53% of decision makers have eliminated a vendor from consideration based on information they did or did not find about an employee online. (Kredible Research)
- Only 2-8% of employee social networks overlap with brand networks. (WeRsm)
- Employees have 10X more followers than their corporate social media accounts. (Cisco)
- Digital leaders at companies say social media training is one of their top three priorities, yet 62% of companies do not have this type of training. (Altimeter)
- Be bold and be ok with trial and error. Develop skills and relationships that advocate and influence for you as a brand. Do not feel that this is self-promotion – this is being driven, focused and advancing confidently in the direction to which you endeavor in your career.
- Be a social contributor. Be active, relevant and share. Participate in internal and external social channels and share content that tells your story and builds your niche brand.
- Be a positive experience. Focus on sharing your strengths and be grateful to others who work on your behalf to enhance your internal personal brand.
Socially Savvy helps organizations utilize social media to drive business results and is a premier partner in the activation, measurement and leadership of social business programs.
Contact us directly at email@example.com if you are interested in discussing our content creation workshop or employee social business activation program.
Article by channel:
Everything you need to know about Digital Transformation
The best articles, news and events direct to your inbox
Read more articles tagged: Featured
A better way to hire for digital transformation. Quality candidates expertly matched to your business guaranteed to save you time and money.