Business Transformation Management is the holistic management of extensive, complex changes upon which an organisation’s future success depends. The BTM Methodology is a robust new integrative approach, with an emphasis on the balance between the rational and emotional aspects of transformation.
A wide range of theory is discussed in this course to help participants understand the phenomenon of transformation, with content focused on key elements of transformation management.
The BTM Methodology was developed by the Business Transformation Academy, which was a global think-tank of 34 international thought leaders from companies such as Vodafone, SAP, Voestalpine, Sulzer, Daimler, Hilti, Volkswagen, Cisco and business schools like London Business School, Cranfield School of Management, University of Cambridge, IESE, Queensland University, University of St. Gallen, University of Liechtenstein.
You will learn how Meta Management provides the overarching frame for a business transformation. After completing this module you will know:
- How to create the link between the management disciplines.
- About the management structure, which will allow the transformation process to be effective.
- How guidelines, leadership, culture, values, and communication are key to success.
You will learn how Strategy Management primarily addresses the Envision phase of the transformation life-cycle. After completing this module you will know:
- Develop a transformation strategy.
- How to approach the selection of appropriate team members.
- Manage the collection of data, analysis of transformation needs and readiness.
- About designing a business vision and business model and the definition of an integrated transformation plan.
You will learn how Value Management defines the business benefits and changes needed to realise them. After completing this module you will know:
- How to evaluate the feasibility of making the changes successfully.
- How to produce an evidence-based, rigorous business case and supporting benefits realisation plan.
- To engage stakeholders in the preparation of the business case.
- Create the knowledge and commitment required to realise the benefits described in the business case.
You will learn how Risk management provides fundamental guidance to the planning, development and effective execution of a business transformation. After completing this module you will know:
- How to manage the risks that relate to the process of transformation.
- How to ensure your organisation achieves its desired future state.
- Reduce the odds of the desired future state becoming obsolete or sub-optimal.
You will learn how Business Process Management defines the scope of process changes needed for the expected improvements in performance. After completing this module you will know:
- How to make the transformation effort a continuous success.
- How business processes need to be considered from a strategic perspective.
- How end-to-end business processes and the assignment of responsible process owners is a major task.
- How process management is not process modelling, but rather the relationship between IT, Business and People.
You will learn that IT Transformation Management evaluates the impact of current IT processes, competencies and systems on business transformation, and vice versa. After completing this module you will know:
- How to assess and enables solution readiness of the business,.
- How to define and assesses the gap between the as-is and to-be of IT.
- How to deploy IT operations and service, and implement IT governance.
- How to improve IT operations and services, and manage the IT lifecycle.
You will learn how Organisational Change Management (OCM) addresses the human element of business transformation. After completing this module you will know:
- How to deal with the people who have to change their ways of working.
- How to set up a foundation for OCM with respect to governance and assessing organisational change readiness.
- How to establish and implement stakeholder communication and performance management strategies.
- How to continuously make improvements through feedback.
You will learn how Competence and Training Management provides qualification and enablement with respect to the competences required for business transformation. After completing this module you will know:
- The strategic core competencies vital for the company’s future success.
- How to identify and analyse training needs and objectives.
- How to develops training measures for gaps.
- How to foster the learning transfer and analyse the success of the measures.
How will learn how Programme management aims to support the implementation of the transformation strategy in order to achieve the benefits described in the business case. After completing this module you will know:
- How programme management focuses on high-level specification and the “why and what” of transformation.
- How to approach stakeholder management and benefit realisation.
- How to deal with dependency management, transition management, and change acceptance.
- How to consider integration with corporate strategies.
After completing this course you will know how to:
- Orchestrate business transformation in a way that meets the expectations of Executive Boards.
- Align the organization to a new strategy, new operating processes, and a new organizational culture.
- Create agility in order to adapt to market changes.
- Achieve the planned transformation outcomes.
- Manage interdependent risks.
- Manage complex change programs as a leadership role model.
- Avoid common pitfalls.