Save time and money securing the right people for maximum impact in your business.
Brands cannot truly succeed in social business through marketing and social media team activity alone. A brand’s employees play the key role in establishing, amplifying and nourishing the social identity of the organization.
And to make things more challenging, the notion of personal versus professional identity is becoming blurred as individual employees focus on activating their personal brands. Utilizing your brand voice to motivate employee action, increase trust and shape your organization’s culture of content requires action. Brands interested in earning the authentic reach employees provide should focus on the following:
- Creating Content That Can Be Shared
- Providing Success Stories on Socially Shared Content
- Instituting Systems of Measurement To Inform Direction
“Make the prospect a more informed buyer with content.” – Robert Simon
- 92% of employees’ Twitter followers are new to the brand. (Cisco)
- Employees have on average 10x more social connections than a brand does. (Social Chorus)
- 77% of buyers are more likely to buy from a company whose CEO uses social media. (MSLGroup)
- Only 33% of buyers trust the brand whilst 90% of customers trust product or service recommendations from people they know. (Nielsen Global Online Consumer Survey)
- Brand messages are re-shared 24x more frequently when distributed by employees vs brand. (MSLGroup)
- Visual Content Inspires Employee Action and Content Engagement. By providing employees with marketing content that is engaging and visually interesting, employees like customers are likely to be more interested in sharing and engaging with the brand content. Embrace the creation of content types such as video, infographics, SlideShare and other rich media that tell your story in an authentic and transparent way.
- Make It Easy For Employees to Opt Into Activation. Embrace technology to automate, amplify and measure the content distribution process. There are many social tools in the market that provide easy publication paths for employees interested in activating and enhancing their own social identities. Make sure your tools are both desktop and mobile enabled to allow employees access in context of their work day.
- Provide Your Employees with Training to Assist Them in Growing Their Personal Influence. Employees understand that social media is here to stay. Employ training resources to assist employees optimize their social profiles, grow and deepen their networks, become original content creators and begin to engage in communications that expand from online to offline behaviors.
- Assist the Executive Team to Lead by Example. The trepidation felt by many employees can be overcome by seeing the executive team embracing social business and demonstrating their successes and challenges. In fact, executives have many of the same concerns about activation of their social identities as employees. Through transparent communication and storytelling about what has worked and where the bumps in the road have been for executives, the forward momentum needed to activate employees social brands will be influenced.
Socially Savvy helps organizations utilize social media to drive business results and is a premier partner in the activation, measurement and leadership of social business programs.
Article by channel:
Everything you need to know about Digital Transformation
The best articles, news and events direct to your inbox
Read more articles tagged: Featured
A better way to hire for digital transformation. Quality candidates expertly matched to your business guaranteed to save you time and money.