As enterprises accelerate their digital transformation journeys, they face shortened business cycles and the increased complexity of driving operational and economic improvements. To be successful, next-generation platforms and the automation of business processes, technical operations, and infrastructure capabilities are key.
Companies need a hybrid-cloud-based delivery vehicle for automation-at-scale across the enterprise.
This is where a digital workforce model that partners humans with cognitive technology comes in – a combination that unleashes a new way of getting work done. Cognitive technology autonomously manages IT operations, continuously learns, and drives optimization, while also arming practitioners with relevant insights for faster, data-driven decisions.
But these automation efforts must go beyond just robotic process automation; they must also span business process management, the user/customer experience, and application management.
Indeed, the benefits gleaned from pairing humans with cognitive technology and artificial intelligence give IT workforces the freedom to focus on higher value tasks that lead to business process innovation. Imagine if your infrastructure could essentially run itself so that your IT staff could spend more of its time working on ways to help your company get ahead of the competition.
This thought hasn’t been lost on IT leaders. According to a recent survey conducted by the IBM Institute for Business Value titled “The Cognitive CIO: How IT leaders Can Accelerate Their Reinvention,” 73% of the 466 IT executive respondents said cognitive computing will play an important role in the future of their organizations. In fact, 35% of those surveyed said their organizations have already started their cognitive journey in earnest.
A Look Under the Hood
Let’s take a quick look at some of the key cognitive capabilities of IBM Services Platform with Watson that can autonomously run your IT infrastructure:
- Understands unstructured data – including natural language contained in conversations, tickets, e-mails, and proposal documents – to read and classify ticket symptoms, email requests, and proposal requirements
- Unravels hard-to-find patterns and hidden insights to compose new solutions and keep your IT environment healthy and compliant
- Determines probabilistic root cause in non-deterministic settings, diagnosing problems and eliminating them before they compound exponentially through your business value chain
- Leverages client-specific dashboards and advisory tools to enable you to view results and achieve full visibility across environments to optimize service quality and realize better technology and business outcomes
These capabilities in turn yield business-process improvements by:
- Establishing a digital workforce model and increasing the productivity of employees
- Reducing the burden of compliance and audit
- Reducing departmental work with low-code apps
- Enabling new efficiencies and effectiveness with straight-through processing
Cognitive technology learns all aspects of managing a hybrid cloud infrastructure end-to end, making autonomous decisions so that you can focus on new ways of doing business. What are you waiting for?
Explore how autonomously managing your IT infrastructure and business processes can foster innovation at your organization.
Article by channel:
Everything you need to know about Digital Transformation
The best articles, news and events direct to your inbox
Read more articles tagged: Digital Transformation