AIM’s Master of Science in Data Science (MSDS) is the first graduate data science degree program in the Philippines. This 14-month intensive course is designed to produce experts in the fastest-growing, most sought-after specialization worldwide.
The AIM MSDS curriculum reflects the latest trends and best practices in the field – from data mining and exploration to machine learning, deep learning, and big data analytics.
Moreover, learning will directly address one particular pain point of the enterprise – when its data scientists cannot provide unique actionable insights.
At AIM, data scientists work closely with domain experts familiar with business and management issues. Students will, therefore, learn how to formulate the right questions and identify the correct datasets to address highly diverse business and research problems.
More crucially, they will be taught how to properly communicate results and data-driven insights to maximize their impact on business and industry.
All MSDS students will have access to a world-class computing facility housed at AIM. The facility is part of the Institute’s Analytics, Computing, and Complex Systems (ACCeSs) lab, AIM’s interface with various government and industry projects as well as world-class research to push the boundaries of Data Science and Complex Systems Science.
Demand for Data Scientists
- Job postings per month
- Job searches per month
Bloomberg pointed out in an August 2017 article that data helps businesses make sure they don’t make a mistake. No wonder there is high demand for data scientists. The same article cited how employers increasingly seek out data scientists as shown on the job website Indeed.com.
Program at a Glance
- A 14-month intensive, full-time degree program
- For data scientists and would-be data scientists who want to provide relevant and timely data-driven actionable insights to MNCs, industries, SMBs, and governments
- Students will be exposed to the latest technologies, models, and technologies in the field of advanced analytics
- The program develops proper communication skills in presenting data-driven insights to maximize impact on the business
- Capstone course requires students (closely guided by AIM’s lead mentors) to work with real-world, data-driven problems, allowing them to graduate from the program with a job-ready portfolio
The MSDS program comprises four terms over 14 months.
March – April 2018
- Programming for Data Science
- Mathematics for Data Science
- Intro to Data Science and the Fundamentals of Data Privacy
- Data Visualization and Storytelling
- Design Thinking
- Human Behavior for Organizations
May – August 2018
- Applied Computational Statistics
- Data Mining and Wrangling
- Machine Learning
- Management Communications
- Managerial Accounting
- Digital Marketing and Analytics I
- Economics for Business
September – December 2018
- Big Data and Cloud Computing
- Big Data – Lab with Portfolio Project
- Deep Learning
- Data Science Elective
- Digital Marketing and Analytics II
- Project Management
January – April 2019
- Network Science
- Data Science Elective
- Capstone Project
- Strategic Management
What kind of time commitment does the course require?
How much is the tuition fee?
Do I have to pay the entire tuition fee before classes start?
Am I qualified to take up a Master of Science in Data Science?
Do I need to do anything to prepare for the MSDS program?
What thesis do I need to produce?
What do I need to submit to apply for the MSDS program?
Article by channel:
Everything you need to know about Digital Transformation
The best articles, news and events direct to your inbox
Read more articles tagged: Data Management