Agile 30 is a mentorship program for a group of 30 people inspired by Super 30, aimed at giving participants expertise at becoming good coaches and trainers in the agile space. Core focus area is group learning, creating a platform for sharing knowledge, creating opportunities for co-training and co-coaching.
Program will help in enhancing skills in the area of training, presentation, facilitation, communication and coaching with focus on 4 different tracks – Agile Process Track, Agile Technical Track, Agile Product Development Track and Agile Leadership Track.
Program may help you in becoming Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC), Certified Team Coach (CTC), CTI-CPCC or ICP – Professional Certified Coach (PCC).
Please Note: – Above certifications are not the goal for this program but if someone wants to pursue them then the “Agile 30” program will be very helpful.
There is no charge for this program. Candidates have to share the actual costs of paid coaches and trainers, but there will be no other fee incurred.
Why I am doing it?
- Meeting like-minded Scrum enthusiasts and learning from them as they learn from me is my ultimate goal.
- I am passionate about broadening the scope of Scrum and enabling people to learn about it and they in turn helping others.
- The idea of having a ‘train the trainer’ program came to me during the Global Scrum Gathering, Bangalore, 2016. I met many people in that conference and realized that they had came to the conference looking for guidance on becoming coaches/trainers, looking for coaching opportunity, training assignments or wondering what to do next in agile space etc. I started this initiative with the aim of guiding Scrum coaching enthusiasts.
This is not a commercial platform but a platform where knowledge will be shared and learning will be for the love of Scrum!
What I will be doing?
I will be involved with designing and facilitating this program and connecting you with professionals and coaches who can help you in your Scrum learning journey. Some of the activities that I would be involved in are as below:
Managing the Group
Managing group email, WhatsApp, organizing meetup and conferences etc.
Assessment and Feedback
While this is a free program for participants, it’s a huge commitment for me in terms of time. I would prefer to ensure that I am facilitating the right candidates with the right mind-set. I would like to understand why you want to join this program, your accomplishments so far, your plans for the future and how I can help you get there?
Design and Facilitate Learning
I will design an entire program for the group based on the input I get, such as what we need to learn and from whom? If we need to engage any external coach, trainer or facilitator then I will contact the necessary individual and arrange the training for the group. Obviously, the cost for such activities will be shared by the group.
Partner to your journey
Duration of this program is 9 months but can be shorter based on individual knowledge and experience. I would be involved in coaching, teaching, providing opportunity to speak through meetups/ conferences, reviewing your presentation skills, arranging co-training/co-coaching as well as arranging paid training and coaching for you. Not an easy job but hoping to utilize my experience and connection to see how best I can help out this group.
What is expected from you?
Willingness to learn and help the group in learning. Maintain group ethics, policies and procedures.
Involvement in Group Activities
Group will be organizing half-day meetup every quarter in 6 cities of India. You are required to attend these sessions in the capacity of an organizer as well as a speaker. This is an opportunity for feedback so will have another half day only for group learning.
You should be able to organize 2 half-day meetups per quarter in your city with help from other group members. Group will try to find venues for free but your availability is a must.
Available to Coach and Train
Group will arrange opportunities for you to deliver 5-8 trainings during this program as per your interest areas. These opportunities will be both paid and free.
Available to Co-Train/Coach
Group will try to connect with trainer and coach to work with but can’t ensure you co-training/coaching. Even if you don’t get an opportunity immediately, you must be prepared and available to travel to different locations and coach when you get the opportunity.
Share Cost for External Training and Coaching Expenses
Individual training and coaching programs are expensive and many times not available at desired locations. We can invite coaches and can negotiate rates exclusively for our group. I will try my best to ensure that such trainings are available to the group at the lowest possible rate.
How to join this group
Send me your detailed profile on firstname.lastname@example.org with below details.
- Why you want to join?
- Total experience in Agile Methods
- Agile certificates that you hold
- Which track you want to follow?
- Any experience in teaching so far?
- Any coaching experience?
- Working full-time or as a consultant?
- Will you be available to take up coaching/training assignment?
- Will you be able to give 2-3 days every month?
Terms and Conditions
- Member is expected to represent “Agile 30” through social event like meetups, conferences, seminars etc.
- Member shall inform the group if undertaking any assignment outside group to ensure transparency for better planning
- Program is for 9 months and no extension beyond 9 months
- Member will be out of group if 2 subsequent learning events are missed
- Once out of group, a member cannot re-join
- Members are expected to write articles, prepare video contents and run webinar under “Agile 30” till the time that they are associated with the group
- We may charge minimum amount per month as membership fee if situation demands. This is in case we have to sign up for paid venues.
Article by channel:
Everything you need to know about Digital Transformation
The best articles, news and events direct to your inbox
Read more articles tagged: Agile